Michel Suleiman was elected 12th president of Lebanon on May 25, 2008. His election, by the Lebanese Parliament, ended an 18-month constitutional crisis that had left Lebanon without a president and brought Lebanon close to civil war. He is a respected leader who led the Lebanese military. He is revered by the Lebanese as a uniter. Lebanon is riven by many divisions, most notably between anti- and pro-Syrian camps.
- Michel Suleiman: Profile
- Lebanon: Country Profile
- Stunner in Lebanon: Sunni-Christian Coalition Wins, Hezbollah Fails
- Hezbollah Rising Over Lebanon
- The 2006 Lebanon War: Israel and Hezbollah Square Off
- March 14 Alliance - Lebanon's Cedar Revolution
- Christians of the Middle East
- What Is the Rafik Hariri Tribunal?