Books and Articles
- Mark Danner, Torture and Truth: America, Abu Ghraib and the War on Terror (New York Review of Books).
- Jane Mayer, The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How the War on Terror Turned Into a War on American Ideals (Doubleday).
- Seymour M. Hersh, "Torture at Abu Ghraib: American soldiers brutalized Iraqis. How far up does the responsibility go?," The New Yorker, May 10, 2004.
- Seymour M. Hersh, “The Gray Zone: How a secret Pentagon program came to Abu Ghraib,” The New Yorker, May 24, 2004.
- R. Jeffrey Smith and Josh White, “General Granted Latitude At Prison,” The Washington Post, June 12, 2004.
Reports and Court Cases